This blog is about me (Tim Benson) and my time spent on the Africa Mercy working as a volunteer for the organisation Mercy Ships in West Africa. Everything here, however, is my personal opinion and is not read or approved before it is posted. Opinions, conclusions and other information expressed here do not necessarily reflect the views of Mercy Ships. For information on how to support me please click here.

Monday, February 23, 2009

Traveling part Two

Well I had an amazing time in Colorado with Ben and Rose, but unfortunately all good things must come to an end as they say. I left Montrose, Colorado on Friday at 10.30am and embarked on my second(and hopefully last for a little while) long bus ride in the US. This time though was a fair bit different from the last. To start off with it was only 26 hours long not 30 like the last and the bus was alot more crowded than the first ride. Coming from Texas to Colorado the bus was never more than 50-75% full and I always had 2 seats to myself. Whereas the first bus of my second trip was about 99% full and the second one was over booked by about 6 people, so thank God I was one of the last people to get on. To say the lest it was a far bit harder to get comfortable and get to sleep so I was only able to 1 to 2 hours sleep in total. So apart from the lack of sleep the bus ride went well and I got to Iowa where I got off at a truck stop and was picked up by a small local bus for my last little bit of the trip and I was the only passenger on board(there are some pictures of the bus inside below). It was about a 40min ride to my final destination so I just sat up the front and chatted with the driver. We arrived in Fort Dodge my final destination on time and my Friend Vandi was there to meet me at the bus station which is a good thing because the bus station was closed so I would have been waiting outside in the cold had she not been there.

No comments: