This blog is about me (Tim Benson) and my time spent on the Africa Mercy working as a volunteer for the organisation Mercy Ships in West Africa. Everything here, however, is my personal opinion and is not read or approved before it is posted. Opinions, conclusions and other information expressed here do not necessarily reflect the views of Mercy Ships. For information on how to support me please click here.

Sunday, January 25, 2009

God likes Country Music??

Today as a group we went on a silent retreat to Tyler State Park. Where we were given the instructions to just go and find a place or walk around or do whatever but we had to do it without speaking at all and just try and listen and see what God can tell us when we take the time to stop and listen. Now this is something that I am still very much a beginner at so I wasn't sure what I was doing, but I was willing to give it a shot. So I just was walking for a bit around a beautiful lake that they have there and just stopping every now and there somewhere where I was alone and I would just pray a bit and read the bible and well to be honest I wasn't really hearing much from God. The day before in Class when we had been talking about hearing from God a girl shared of an experience she once had where someone had suggested she try asking God an icebreaker question and it had worked for her so I thought why not lets give it a go. So I stood there and then just said out loud "so God what sort of music do you like?" and immediately all I could think of in my head was country music, so I am not saying that is all God likes or even it that is write I am just saying that is pretty cool that God could talk to me about such an insignificant subject like that imagine what else he will talk to me about.

No comments: