This blog is about me (Tim Benson) and my time spent on the Africa Mercy working as a volunteer for the organisation Mercy Ships in West Africa. Everything here, however, is my personal opinion and is not read or approved before it is posted. Opinions, conclusions and other information expressed here do not necessarily reflect the views of Mercy Ships. For information on how to support me please click here.

Sunday, January 11, 2009

A day in Auckland with Aunty J

After spending the night with my cousin Josh at his place, a good friend of the my family Juliette (known to me as Aunty J) came and picked me up to spend the day with her. She took me up one tree hill (a good lookout in Auckland and a famous spot that now has no trees on it though) and then gave me a visual tour of Auckland with its history to go with it. It was good to look out and see the city from up there its like a mid point between its two harbors and also good to see the stereotype that NZ is covered in sheep is true as there were even some sheep right there in the middle of the city at the bottom of one tree hill. After that we went back to her place for a nice bit of lunch followed by a trip to Hunua Falls, which were flowing quiet nicely as it had just been raining that morning. After that went for a nice winding drive through the country side around the outside of Auckland. Then back to her place for a nice cup of tea, after which she took me back to the airport so I could fly to New Plymouth.

No comments: