This blog is about me (Tim Benson) and my time spent on the Africa Mercy working as a volunteer for the organisation Mercy Ships in West Africa. Everything here, however, is my personal opinion and is not read or approved before it is posted. Opinions, conclusions and other information expressed here do not necessarily reflect the views of Mercy Ships. For information on how to support me please click here.

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Arrival in Auckland

Well I left Brisbane on Time and set off on my adventure. The flight was a good one that went really fast. This is the first time I have flown with Air New Zealand in a long time (if ever) and they have a new entertainment interface for the screen in everyones seats and I was a bit shocked to find that I had the choice of about 85 movies for just a 3 hour flight when i am more used to having a choice of 6 at best for a 8 hour flight with other airlines. Anyway I arrived safe and my cousin Josh picked me up from the airport and then took me to see the planes he flies and took me inside the one that was on standby and he was on call for and i got to sit in the cockpit while he showed me how everything works with it, so that was a really cool experience. 

No comments: