This blog is about me (Tim Benson) and my time spent on the Africa Mercy working as a volunteer for the organisation Mercy Ships in West Africa. Everything here, however, is my personal opinion and is not read or approved before it is posted. Opinions, conclusions and other information expressed here do not necessarily reflect the views of Mercy Ships. For information on how to support me please click here.

Thursday, March 12, 2009

My Time in Revelstoke

My time in Revelstoke was very good and relaxing which is just what I needed as I was coming down with a cold but with some good rest was able to get over it very fast. After Nathan returned we set about seeing some more of the local area. We went to the flats, which believe it or not is a large flat area that is occasionally covered with water due to a dam further along the river. It was beautiful out and we even managed to get really close to a young deer without it running away. Unfortunately we have no photos because it was so cold that Nathan's camera would not work and as usual I had forgotten mine. Due to the cold we couldn't go as far as originally planned so we headed back to the local Damn to have a little look see, but because of the large amount of snow on the side of the road you could not see very much from the lookout.

Anyway I left on Tuesday at 04.30am on yet another greyhound bus(and I thought I was done with them) and I am now back in Vancouver.

No comments: