This blog is about me (Tim Benson) and my time spent on the Africa Mercy working as a volunteer for the organisation Mercy Ships in West Africa. Everything here, however, is my personal opinion and is not read or approved before it is posted. Opinions, conclusions and other information expressed here do not necessarily reflect the views of Mercy Ships. For information on how to support me please click here.

Monday, March 9, 2009

Hanging out with Nathans Mum

Well I had a small change of plans from what originally had been planing to do here in Canada. You see unfortunately my friend Nathan found out that one of his friends back in his home town had died and he needed to go back for the funeral. So we left the island on Thursday and I was able to get in contact with some friends I have in Vancouver and we stayed the night there. My plan from there was to just stay on in Vancouver and just spend the rest of my time in Canada there, but my friends told me that if I was here I needed to come out to Revelstoke because if nothing else the drive here is just so Beautiful that I had to see it. So I left some of my stuff in Vancouver and we jumped back in Nathans beloved Land Cruiser and headed of on our drive. Now Revelstoke is about 7-8 hours from Vancouver, but we took the scenic route and it took us about 10 hours or so with a few small stops. I have to say that we had the most amazing weather for the drive just a clear day with blue skies the whole way, just driving through some of the most picturesque mountains you can find. Just so I could say I have been there Nathan took me on a little extra detour to the hottest place in British Columbia, I guess kind of the Canadian desert(which sounds kind of weird because I always picture Canada as really cold).

So we got here Friday night and Nathan's mum was here to greet us and had already prepared a meal for us. Then on Saturday we just went into the town for a bit and just walked around and went to a few shops and in the afternoon Nathan left for the funeral which is a further 4 hours away so he was going to spend the night and be ready for it the next day. So since then I have just been here in his house hanging out with Nathan's mum.

1 comment:

g said...

my sister and her husband are in Vancouver, they ski most weekends if you need someone to hang with.

Andy might like it, cause Ness is pregnant and isn't skiing much anymore. Andy might like the company :-p